Friday, September 11, 2009

Nature Quote - September 11, 2009

Even eight years later, when I hear the stories of those lost on this day, my eyes still well up with tears.

Though I was lucky enough not to lose anyone on this tragic day, I remember the grief of our nation and feel it still like a hole going straight through my chest and out my back. An emptiness in my heart and between my shoulder blades.

There is no quote that can soften the sadness of this day with the healing power of nature - though time in nature is perhaps one of the most healing things there is, for me, at least.

What I have found are these; words that help me to take a deep breath, and then to take another.

To recognize that we owe those who have left this life too soon our full attention to enjoying the planet while we're still here.


"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." ~From a headstone in Ireland

"As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us." ~Sascha, as posted on motivateus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment